The new dates for the #1 JOB-Seminar with our CEO
WiG Working in Germany
How foreign professionals and young talents get better jobs and earn higer salaries.
You already applied more than 20 times but get rejected again and again? No feedback from the companies? Well, it's NOT your nationality and NOT the job market etc. ... YOU simply apply wrong!
Germany offers about 1 Million vacant jobs. But more than 80% of foreign professionals & young talents apply wrong for jobs in Germany and sell themselves under value!
Peter M. Barnefske is the CEO of PHOENIX GIR. The German headhunter and international labour expert is well-known by the international media/press.
In our JOB-Seminar "WiG Working in Germany" he not only reveals decisive secrets and the most fatal mistakes from over 12,000 consultations, but also shows the best practices, job hunting strategies and golden rules to succeed as a foreign professional.
List of the main mistakes foreign candidates make
Do you make 1 or even 2 of the following mistakes? Then be sure: You ruin your chances for good jobs & salaries in Germany. Most
foreign professionals and young talents aren't familiar with the German process of applying & hiring which is different from many other
countries in the world. So they fail along the German hiring process. The PHOENIX GIR
consultants will prove this. Within seconds!
Motivation Letter / Cover Letter (Bewerbungsschreiben):
much too long/short - non-existent - egocentrism with stereoptypes and (too much) self-praise - psychological unwise - "begging" formulations - chanting the CV - looks like spam letter - not focussed on the position - no structure - no paragraphs - name of contact person missing/spelt wrongly - inappropriate/casual address - text with empty phrases - rude - too familiar/uneducated - unmotivated - urges action from the recruiter - makes demands - chumming up - . . .
CV / Resume (Lebenslauf):
wrong format - critical structure - standard - non-focussed - no C3-strategy - using the Europass CV model (at all and in the wrong way) - data incorrect - false information (= "hard lies") - important data missing - email address infantile/nonserious - (hiding) gaps - . . .
non-professional (e.g. by mobile phone) - private - non-existent - nearly full-body - too small/big - inappropriate clothing - wrong position - outdated - looks younger/different than in reality - no smile - "police photo" - . . .
Competence Profile (for managers and highly paid professionals & experts)
completely missing - unknown?
inconsistent in typeface / fonts
mistakes in orthography / punctuation
spam applications (e.g. other companies in the email body)
. . .
(to be continued)
Since 1994 we, the consultants of PHOENIX GIR,
supported more than 12,000 German and foreign professionals, managers & students in getting better jobs in
Germany. Our Individual
Consultations can be joined from everywhere in the world. Even directly from the comfort of your home. Our seminars are held in Germany, in
many countries abroad and online, too. All the positive feedback from our candidates and international media reports (TV,
newspapers etc.) confirm that our internationally operating specialists for labour market, job search, applying & career significantly will increase your chances
for good jobs in Germany.
TOPICS of your next JOB-Seminar
"WiG Working in Germany" (4-6 hours):
(Includes all 4 Parts I - IV)
Germany. This means big business in a strong economy, highest living standards and excellent opportunities for high salaries, good jobs and fast careers.
Millions of motivated and well qualified foreigners already live & work in Germany. They are welcome in Germany's booming job market with about 1 million vacant jobs! (official number of the German IAB Institute)
PART I The German Job Market and Salaries
1. Welcome by Peter M. Barnefske and short introduction.
- Matching of the workshop content with your expectations.
2. The "German Jobwunder"
- Hugh skills shortages and over 1 000 000 jobs in many professions
like engineering, IT, medicine etc.
- Thousands of vocational trainings. Fully paid by German employers.
3. Jobs & Salaries
- The "German-Hot-Spots" you should know.
- These companies currently hire the most professionals!
- The best German regions & cities which offer the most jobs and the highest salaries.
4. Costs for living, housing, transport, communication etc.
- The cheapest and the most expensive regions & cities in Germany.
5. Getting good jobs without speaking German?
- How you find jobs for "only English" speaking candidates.
- Where to learn German in high speed for small money.
PART II Secrets of the German Processes of Hiring & Applying
1. Fatal applying mistakes Indians make:
- Why over 80% of foreign candidates miss chances and how YOU become one of the most desired candidates and successfully make career in Germany!
- The German process of applying and the companies' top 10 requirements.
- What German recruiters look for when hiring foreign professionals. How to win them smart & easily!
- What German employers & recruiters NEVER want to read or hear from foreign candidates.
2. The "AAS – Active Applying Strategies" for Germany:
- "IN" or "OUT" in 10 seconds. The K.O. criteria.
- The most effective job search strategies for Germany.
- Secrets, tips and NO-GOs when you apply
– online, by phone, email, speculative etc.
– directly in companies or by recruitment agencies & headhunters
3. Most important German job portals for professionals!
PART III Your Application and Best Practice Examples
1. Best practice examples:
- How your documents show you as a desired candidate for top jobs in Germany!
2. The important, but unknown German "Cover Letter":
- THAT is totally different from foreign applications!
- Content & Psychology: How to catch the recruiters attention. At once!
- PLUS: Perfect examples which make it easier for you.
3. Your CV (Lebenslauf) for Gernany
- The unknown "C3-CV-strategy" and what German recruiters
really expect from your "Lebenslauf".
- CV-content, design, psychology, activity, success!
- Why the "Europass-CV model" is problematic!
- Photos: Yes or no? When you are "out" within seconds.
- PLUS: Perfect examples which make it easier for you.
4. Recognition: diplomas, certificates & references
PART IV German Job Interviews & Job Contracts
1. How to succeed in German job interviews:
- The 12 golden rules PLUS the NO-GOs.
- Favourite interview questions. What you should answer!
- Forbidden questions and your legal rights to deal with them.
- How to present yourself professionally & confident.
2. Congratulation & welcome: The job is yours!
- The German employment contract.
- Contract content, tips and how to cancel smart for a new job.
3. Health care, schooling and how you find new friends:
- How you will feel "at home" quickly.
- What foreigners in Germany would recommend you.
- Brochures & addresses.
4. End of the Seminar – Meet the Trainer
- Summarization, final questions & feedback
- Opportunity for booking of (discounted) individual consultations
- Seminar (4-6 hours)
- Free application checks
- Free short individual advices
- Discounts on individual consultations
Directly in your city or live online
Join us live online from your living room or from wherever you currently are in the world. Simply register and with only 1 click we connect you easily to our web-conferencing system. No additional costs. We help you with any question!
Dates / Registration / Booking
Please choose the date from the menu below and make sure that your booking includes your: name + phone + email.
Please send us your application documents after your booking.
All seminars, sponsored by PHOENIX GIR, are offered on low prices. We recommend to book in time as our seminars are usually booked up quickly.
- Discounts: Group rates for organisations, universities, teachers with groups or self-composed groups.
- Cancellation: Refunds when cancelling minimum 10 days before date! Substitute persons (e.g. friends/colleagues) are welcome with your booking code.
- You prefer bank transfer (takes more days!) instead of Paypal? Simply use:
IBAN: DE 42 7115 0000 0000 011767
Currently WANTED for Phoenix GIR:
Foreign students (F/M) who live abroad in their home countries and have social media marketing experience in Facebook, LinkedIn etc. Please apply directly to Valerie at: